The new workshop and exhibition space Værksted for Arkitektur by RØNNOW LETH & GORI is founded on a shared passion and knowledge of the historical buildings and cultural heritage that we are all surrounded by and inhabit every day. The purpose of the workshop and exhibition space is to have a space where knowledge can be transformed into a sustainable practice of building. Through experiments and research projects anchored in a strong professional curiosity, we aim to examine the heritage of our built environment across time and history.
Guests will be able to experience projects, events and special exhibitions in the Workshop throughout 2023. The program will be updated regularly and published on this website.
Værksted for Arkitektur is located in a former bakery in the Vesterbro neighbourhood of central Copenhagen. This also provides visitors with the chance to experience a typical Copenhagen housing block in one of the city’s historical neighborhoods. Inside the housing block, the backyard offers a chance to see one of Copenhagen's characteristic green common spaces, giving a sense of airness and privacy to this densely populated area.
Practical information and accessibility
- There is a no lift to / ramp to / barrier free / entrance. It is located on the ground floor, but there is a staircase with three steps at the entrance from the street.
- There is no accessible toilet in the building or withing 200 meters of the building.
- There is accessible parking as public parking
- You can get free entrance for companions
- There is possibility to eat / drink on site. You can sit in the yard.
- There are chairs / benches you can rest on. They are located outsite in the yard.
- There is no elevator / lift / accessible toilet inside the building
- There is a possibility for alternative participation (e.g., podcast or video) for some of the exhibitions and events.
RØNNOW LETH & GORI
The Workshop is open every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
from 13.00-16.00 – other days will depend on exhibitions and events